Trying to do gluten free and still want a treat? This recipe always turns out great. Surprisingly light & fluffy, there is no flour of any kind here. Decorate the top with mini chocolate chips and/or nuts to give it that extra “you” feature. There is a non-chocolate variation (check the original website below) using plain almond butter. I tried that once. It was more like bread and certainly has it’s uses, but I’d rather just make this 🙂 ^
Photo Credit: Jodyt2. Bread in the photo is made in 3 x 6″ tins.
- 1 cup Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Blend or if Paleo, use almond butter sweetened with 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp grade B maple syrup ( I used grade a, but dark maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- if using chopped pecans or walnuts – just throw ’em in the batter
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate hazelnut butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and blend for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in shredded zucchini. Squeeze out excess water. (No need to go crazy, just get most of it out.)
- Place in a lined or greased loaf pan. You can use one 5×9″ pan or 2 mini loaf pans.
- Top with 1-2 tbsp of mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with a toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve.
Original recipe found at: http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/organic-chocolate-zucchini-bread-recipe/